Are you looking for a possible way to get a housekeeping Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship? If yes, then, this is for you.
Are you anticipating travelling to the US in search of a job? Would you like to work as a housekeeper in the United States and yet get a free visa? Then, you should stick to this content as it promises to give you all information you need on this topic.
A housekeeping job in the USA with Visa sponsorship is worth your time and attention, as it is no news how countless individuals have left their home country and immigrated to the United States with little or nothing spent.
Getting a job in the US is very easy, but will be easier, with proper documentation and qualification. This is vital because no one would want to employ an inexperienced person. Hence, you will have to match the job you are applying for to gain qualifications.
A foreigner who is looking for ways to work in the United State often, find themselves, having a difficult time getting a work visa. However, have you thought of getting this visa and equally securing a job for yourself? Well, visa sponsorship is one easy way to accomplish that.
Who is a Housekeeper in USA?
A housekeeper is an individual who is responsible for the supervision of house cleaning staff. Hence, they perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner.
What are Housekeeping Jobs?
Housekeeping jobs are jobs carried out by housekeepers who are responsible for cleaning and reporting any safety hazards to the homeowner or manager in charge. However, other duties may include, making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
Different Types of Housekeeping Jobs In the USA
There are various types of housekeeping jobs in the United State with visa sponsorship. However, in the United States, there is a certain requirement to meet for the job to be given to you.
Furthermore, some of these housekeeping jobs are “cleaners”, “live-in housekeepers”, “live-out housekeepers”, “house managers/housekeepers” and “housekeeper cleaning companies”.
A cleaner is a basic cleaning service and is not to be confused with a housekeeper. Hence, they may be used in more commercial cleaning areas, or they might be used for end-of-tenancy cleans.
In the private home, they might be used for short visits and these can be regular but they are rarely full-time for one property. As a cleaner, you are accessible to an average salary of $22,230 to $31, 320 per year and they also earn about $15.35 to $20.12 per hour.
However, you should note that the above amount could change and may not be in line with what some companies or house owners offer.
This type of housekeeper is a very popular type of housekeeping service. They can be a full-time or part-time member of staff that works for the property and as part of the package, they are provided accommodation.
A housekeeper is a high-standard professional who can clean, tidy and ensure your home and property care to the highest minimum.
A live-in housekeeper, when employed can be paid, $30,000 to $39,221 per year and also $12.34 and $16.21 per hour. (this amount varies as house owners and companies are different). Hence, monthly payments are negotiated between you and your employer.
House Manager/ Housekeeper:
A housekeeper combined with house management is the next tier of supper. Here the housekeeper can provide additional house management support.
This may include admin, managing contractors, managing household routes or schedules, and ensuring that the property is cared for along with all the typical housekeeping duties.
House managers or housekeepers are multi-task people whose average salary ranges from $37, 357 to $40,000 per year and $13.21 to $16.31per hour.
Well, you should note that the given amount varies, hence, a proposal and a negotiation will have to be made between you and your anticipating employer to get a set amount or salary.
Live Out HouseKeeper:
A live-out housekeeper can work full-time or part-time pending a laid-down conclusion. As a live-out housekeeper, you are under an obligation to carry out cleaning, tidying, and wardrobe management duties. Furthermore, other responsibilities can be added as time goes on.
A live-out housekeeper is a popular choice for properties that don’t have the space for living in a client’s house.
However, the average salary of a live-out housekeeper is from $22,162 to $27,540 per year and $19.12 to $20.22 per hour. Well, you should note that the above, salary varies as employers or companies stands differently.
Housekeeping House Attendant:
Housekeeping attendants work in hotels and motels. They tidy and clean hallways and rooms, like bedrooms, bathrooms and meeting rooms. They also put in clean towels and other supplies. They are paid an average salary of about $32,231 to $37,224 per year and $18.12 to $20.12 per hour.
Room attendant responsibilities include changing towels, making beds and cleaning bathrooms. They also address clients nicely and make sure their rooms are fully-stocked, clean and inviting at all times. They are open to an average amount of about $26,731 – $32,612 per year and $13.23 to $16.13 per hour. This amount can however change due to differences in company policy.
Full-Time Housekeeping/Floor Stripping/Waxing:
They are responsible for completely removing old wax, soil and debris found on the floor. It is usually one of the most labour-intensive and time-consuming jobs in the professional cleaning industry. However, the job is an amazing one. They are simply paid an average salary of about $24,317 – $30,236 per year and $12.22 to $16.12 per hour. This amount can be changed as time goes on.
Environmental Services Technician
An environmental service technician is a housekeeper who works in a hospital or healthcare facility to maintain cleanliness and a healthy environment within the premises. They are involved in traditional janitorial tasks as well as the proper handling and disposal of biological waste. They are paid an average of about $25000 to $37000 per year and $13.23 to $16.13 per hour.
The lead housekeeper is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department. They supervise a team of housekeepers, maids, and janitors. The lead housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that all areas of the hotel are clean and well-maintained. They are paid an average salary of about $24,963 and $31,037 per year and $13.21 to $16.31per hour.
Companies that Offers Housekeeping Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Here are some available cleaning jobs offer for housekeepers in the USA.
1. Marriott International, Inc in Aspen, CO
This company is well known and it’s currently open to interested applicated. It offers Housekeeping/House Cleaner jobs with flexible work schedules. It promises an average salary of about $20.25 an hour and its requirement are very friendly. Thus, this is one opportunity you don’t want to miss.
2. Four Seasons in Miami, FL
The four seasons is a company located in the United State and it’s offering a job to the general public no matter your location. It promises to sponsor any qualified candidate. its jobs require and pass line is very easy and the salary for the qualified applicant would be an average of about $36.2K – $45.8K a year.
3. Cornell University in New York, NY
Cornell University is located in New York, NY and it has available vacancy options for cleaning jobs for housekeepers. You can simply take advantage of this opportunity and make the most out of it. It however is offering an average salary of about $17 an hour.
4. Four Seasons in Minneapolis, MN
Four Season in Minneapolis, MN is offering a job to all interested persons and you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity for any reason. Well, if you are a housekeeper or a cleaner, this is simply for you. This company is offering an assistant director of housekeeping job for all housekeepers and its requirement are very friendly. Plus its promises to pay an average salary of about $53.5K – $67.7K a year.
5. Northwood Hospitality LLC in Naples, FL
Well, this particular company is offering a housekeeping job offer to housekeepers who will be interested in the job. its requirement is friendly and it’s an offer you would want to miss.
6. Four Seasons in Minneapolis, MN
This company is also offering a cleaning job for housekeepers and its promises to pay an average salary of about $36.4K – $46.1K a year.
This company is currently offering a cleaning job for interested housekeepers. It promises to offer an average salary of about $11.00 – $20.20 an hour and the requirement are very friendly.
Here is another company that is willing to employ interested candidates will very friendly pay.
You can get full details about all the listed jobs via this link! Note, this company might stop offering these jobs as time goes on so take advantage of this opportunity and make the most out of it.
Requirements and Skills For Housekeeping Job in USA
Becoming a housekeeper requires you to follow certain procedures. Having known you are qualified for the job you will have you meet standards such as:
- Availability to work late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Eye for details and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Familiarity with material safety data sheets.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Familiar with material safety data sheets.
These are skills and requirements you have to meet up with as a housekeeper.
Duties/Responsibility For Housekeeping Job
A housekeeping job in use with visa sponsorship responsibility and duties should be your consideration when you are employed. Hence, if you don’t know some responsibilities and duties of a housekeeper, you can consider the list below:
- Clean, stock, and supply designated facilities.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the residence or office buildings.
- Vacuums, empty trash and replace, liners.
- Transports dirty lines to the correct areas to be cleaned and restocks areas with clean lines.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Cleans restrooms, including restoking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, cleaning marries, and spot cleaning portion doors and walls.
Benefits of Housekeeping Job
Being a housekeeper comes with lots of benefits which include this. First, it guarantees a thorough, deeper, and far more intense cleaning, it gives you much-needed peace of mind, it ensures you are comfortable, and lastly a clean environment and happy environment.
How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
How apply for a job as an anticipated immigrant is very easy. Well, the sweet part of it is that you will be getting a job and a free visa.
However, this will only take place when you have applied for a job and have gotten a job offer in your name. Hence, to apply for a visa you have to follow the steps below:
- First, ensure you are qualified for the job.
- Set up an organized CV and application letter.
- Use any online platform such as LinkedIn, indeed.com, and other online platforms to search for a US job you will like.
- When that is done, you will have to wait for the employer to access your document and if they find you qualified for the job, you will be sent a job offer.
- Then, the employer will have to make a job petition to the USICS and US labour market institute for certification.
- Next, you will be instructed to apply for a visa with the job offer letter sent to you in your name.
Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
In other to be successfully employed, you have to undergo an online interview, which if you pass, will guarantee your visa sponsorship and also the job. Here are some questions and answers that will help you undergo a successful interview
Why do you Want to Work as a Housekeeper?
I want to work as a housekeeper because I like multitasking which also enables me to carry out all my tasks effectively. it makes me strive to produce the best in working.
What Cleaning Chemicals are you, Familiar, With?
Some are detergents, vinegar, degreaser, surface sanitiser, Alkalis, bleach and others.
How Do You Relate with Your Client?
I ensure I give them maximum respect, put their need and satisfaction first and make they are ok with my services. Furthermore, I make them feel comfortable.
Explain What You Would do if a Client Were Dissatisfied with Your Work
I will take correction and put more effort into work as a housekeeper to the satisfaction of my client. This is because their satisfaction is our priority.
What are Some Safety Precautions to Take as a Housekeeper?
Avoid leaving spilt water on the floor, make sure I handle fragile items with care and keep cleaning chemicals in a safe place.
Why Do You Prefer to Work in the US and Not in Your Country?
I prefer to work in the US because I will love to add to the experience I have already from working as a housekeeper in my country and I believe working in the US will help me achieve that.
How Long Have You Worked as a Housekeeper?
I have been working as a housekeeper for three years in my country. Getting housekeeping jobs in the USA will be much easier for me because that is what I’m good at doing.
H1B Work Visa Sponsorship for Housekeepers
Are you a foreigner seeking a job in the United States? have you tried getting an H1B or 1B visa but it was not granted? Well, you cannot be accessible H1B visa without the following steps:
- If you are anticipating getting an H1B visa, the first thing to do is to first, to make a good CV and make an online written job application letter that US employers will love to see.
- Then, use the internet platform to search for a suitable job you will like to do.
- Apply for it online using a website like Indeed.com and wait for a response from the company you applied to. If you are lucky, you will be called for an online interview.
- If you are considered for the job, your employer will have to review the job description to ensure it qualifies as a speciality occupation.
- Next, determine the rate of pay for the position. This negotiation should be between you and your supposed employer.
When that is done, your employer will notify the US workforce.
- Lastly, he or she (the employer) will submit a labour condition application to the DOL for certification. Furthermore, he or she will state a petition to the US embassy for Visa.
- However, if your employer has done the above, you will be instructed by him or her to apply for a visa at an embassy in your home country. Note, the H1B visa and 1B visa are the same types of visa.
Other Important Work Visa to Apply for as a HouseKeeper
Outside the H1B or 1B visa, there are other useful visa types you can apply for and some of them include:
- H2B Work Visa: This type of visa can simply be used by United State employers or companies to temporarily hire nonimmigrants to perform nonagricultural labour or services in the United States. The visa, however, due to its temporary nature lasts for a limited period of time. Notwithstanding, you can simply apply for an extension which your time of stay completes. The H2B visa can also be used by housekeepers for sponsorship.
- J1 Work Visa: This is really a direct visa for most housekeeping jobs because is based on approved participation in work and study. You can simply apply for this visa if your sponsor is willing to see you through school as you work.
Where to Work as a Housekeeper in USA
Housekeepers can work at many places, well, you have to be good at what you do just to get the attention of top personalities. Housekeepers can work within various residential and commercial settings. These residential environments can include,
- Private Homes
- Senior Living Facilities
- Apartment Buildings
- Office Building
Can I work in the US without Visa Sponsorship?
Yes, it is possible to obtain a work visa without sponsorship from an employer in the United States. There are three types of visa that allows this, and they are known as EB-1,0-1 and EB-5 visas.
- EB-1 Work Visa: The EB-1 work visa is a type of visa that gives people who have extraordinary skills and abilities the opportunity to move to the United States Permanently. This visa type is for people with exceptional skills in arts, sciences, athletics, business, etc. The visa type is also for researchers and professors recognized internationally for their immense contributions in their career fields. With this type of visa, you don’t need a job offer from a U.S employee.
- O-1 Work Visa: The O-1 Work Visa is very similar to the EB-1 work visa and it offers its holders easy access to apply for a U.S green card. The O-1 visa type is for people with extraordinary abilities and achievements especially those in the television industry or motion picture. This visa lasts for three years and holders can apply for an extension after it has expired.
- EB-5 Work Visa: The EB-5 Work Visa is another type of visa that allows foreigners to live and work in the United States without a job offer. This visa type is for foreigners who wish to make meaningful investments in the United States. When you get this visa, you will be issued a Green card (Permanent Resident card) as well as your family members.
How much are Housekeepers Paid in the USA?
Maids and housekeepers made a median salary of $26,220. The best-paid 25 per cent made $31,320 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 paid 25 per cent made $22,230.
Do US Companies Sponsor Visas?
The United State Citizenship and immigration service require that American companies sponsor non-citizens. Companies who are having trouble filling roles in their business often turn to sponsor a nonimmigrant worker by use of the H1B visa.
When Should I ask for Visa Sponsorship?
There is no clear answer to when to ask for sponsorship. The right depends on the relationship you have built with your potential employer.
If not getting sponsorship means you wouldn’t accept the job, then it’s going to be much more important to bring it up early in the hiring process.
However, it has been stated clearly by the US authorities, that you are only allowed to ask visa when you have gotten a job offer in your name.
Hello dear how are you doing I needed sponsor for visa please help me now