Skilled immigration is a hot topic these days, with many people arguing that the current system is not working. While there are certainly some merits to this argument, it’s important to remember that there are also plenty of Unskilled Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
In this blog post, we will explore some of the unskilled jobs in Canada that you may be eligible for if you have a visa sponsorship in place in 2023. From construction to food service, this post has everything you need to know before applying for a visa.
What is a Visa Sponsorship?
Visa sponsorship is a process by which a foreign national can gain residence in Canada as the sponsored individual or their spouse, partner, common-law partner, dependent children (under 18 years of age), or parents. The sponsored individual must have a job offer from an employer in Canada and have met all other requirements to become a resident.
Types of Unskilled Jobs in Canada That Require a Visa Sponsorship
There are a variety of unskilled jobs in Canada that require visa sponsorship. These jobs include:
- Clerks and cashiers: A visa is required for any job that requires close contact with customers. This includes clerks and cashiers who handle money and other sensitive items.
- Food service workers: Many food service positions, such as cooks and waitstaff, require a foreign worker to have a valid work visa. This is because these jobs are typically considered to be at high risk for exposure to foodborne illness.
- Porters and loaders: The Canadian government requires porters and loaders to have a work visa if they are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. These visas are usually granted temporarily due to the physical demands of the job.
How to Apply for a Visa Sponsorship in Canada
The sponsorship application process requires the sponsor to gather supporting documentation and complete a sponsorship application form.
The sponsor must also provide letters of reference from individuals who can attest to the sponsor’s abilities, character, and suitability to become a resident of Canada.
The sponsor must also provide police clearance certificates if any of the sponsored individuals are foreign nationals. The sponsorship application process can take up to six months to complete.
To apply for visa sponsorship, you will first need to gather the following information:
- Your full name
- Passport number
- Visa type (if applicable)
- Occupation or profession
- Educational level (if applicable)
- A letter of recommendation from your sponsoring relative (if applicable)
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Proof of income (if applicable)
- Proof of residency in your home country (if applicable)
Once you have gathered all of the necessary information, you can start the application process by downloading the Sponsorship Application Form from the Government of Canada website.
There are many reasons why someone would want to work in Canada as an unskilled worker. Perhaps you have a skill that is not currently in high demand and you think working in Canada will allow you to learn new skills or improve your current ones. Maybe you need some income while you look for a better job or you just want to take some time out of your life and travel while working.
The advantage of working as an unskilled worker in Canada with visa sponsorship is that you can stay here for a long time without having to worry about getting deported. You will need a valid visa, which is usually issued by the Canadian immigration authorities based on your job offer and your qualifications. The visa will allow you to live and work in Canada indefinitely, provided that all the conditions of your visa are met.
Another advantage of working as an unskilled worker in Canada with visa sponsorship is that if you find a job before your visa expires, the Canadian immigration authorities will extend your visa for an additional period. This means that you do not have to leave Canada until your original visa has expired, provided that you continue to meet all the conditions of your visa.
Finally, if you are ever in a situation where you need to leave Canada quickly, working as an unskilled worker with a visa sponsorship will give you the advantage of being able to do so without having to go through the hassle and expense of obtaining a temporary exit visa.
Available Unskilled Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2023
- Hiring Organization: Bakerview Farms (2002) Ltd
- Job Title: Farm Worker
- Qualification: 12th Pass
- Industry: Private
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: CAD 15.65 Per hour
- Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada V2S 2B5
Whether you’re looking for a job in Canada that offers good wages and benefits, or one that will help you gain valuable experience before moving on to a more skilled position, there are likely some unskilled jobs out there with visa sponsorship in 2023. Keep in mind that not every job on this list is suitable for everyone, but by taking the time to review each option and interviewing potential employers, you can find the perfect job for your skills and desires. Good luck!