Every business that deals with storing goods in a warehouse will need warehouse workers that can help them. A Warehouse Worker is a professional who works in any business to store and handle orders or merchandise. They are in charge of receiving and processing incoming merchandise, as well as choosing and handling orders from warehouse stock.
In this article, we are going to look into some of the companies that are currently employing people in their companies and how to apply for a warehouse worker Job.
We would also look at some of the skills you need as a warehouse worker and the general requirements for you to be eligible to apply. Though warehouse work might seem easy to some people, the truth is that it requires your skills and you have to be a good communicator. You have to always be ready to receive goods and products and be on alert 24/7.
Warehouse Management Fulfillment Strategies
Selecting fulfilment strategies that match the business’s size and the volume and type of orders it receives can help the organization ship products faster, minimize waste and improve customer satisfaction. Applying picking strategies that match the type of orders that you receive can help maintain the most effective workflow. For example:
Batch picking is a technique that can help you quickly fulfil multiple orders for the same product without wasting time by continually revisiting the same inventory location.
Zone picking assigns pickers to different zones of SKUs. For each order, pickers are responsible for picking all SKUs from their designated zone.
First expired, first out (FEFO) picking ensures perishable products and items make it to customers before specified expiration or sell-by dates. With FEFO, the products set to expire first are shipped first.
First in, first out (FIFO) picking ensures the first products to come into the warehouse are the first to be distributed, which can help make sure older items are shipped before they can become obsolete.
Technology is also an important part of any warehouse management fulfilment strategy. Handheld mobile devices that display packing lists with item locations, serial numbers and lot numbers can help increase picking speed and accuracy. The software can recommend safe and cost-effective packing based on product dimensions to ensure each item gets shipped securely, with as little waste and wasted space as possible.
Skills and Requirements For Warehouse Workers
- You have to prove that you have a work experience in warehouse management
- Knowledge of inventory software, databases, and systems
- You need the skill of time management
- You also need the skill of being organized at all times
- You should have the strength to lift heavy materials or products.
- In all, you should at least have a high school degree.
Duties of a Warehouse Worker
For you to agree to work as a warehouse manager or worker, you should know a lot of duties will be on you. Here we would be discussing some of the duties you will have as a warehouse worker.
- You have the task to complete and prepare orders for delivery
- You will receive and process all products that come into the warehouse and take a record of them
- You should be able to keep a clean and safe space so customers will be comfortable
- Maintain and service all warehouse machines to avoid damage.
- You should be able to cooperate and communicate well with your co-workers and head of departments
- You should be able to respect and follow the rule and regulations guiding the company.
Above we are given you the general requirements and some skills you need to do well in the business.
Available Warehouse Worker Job
Here we would be taking a look at some companies that are currently employing people in the business, you can choose from any of the companies we are going to mention here, follow their means of Application and get it done.
1. Optimal Edge Business Concept
This is a company that is located in Lagos State, Nigeria. So if you are in Nigeria and you need this type of opportunity, this one is available for you.
One of the major rules you will keep in mind and must obey if you are lucky enough is the Covid-19 rule. The company also listed the responsibility attached to the job which is listed below.
- The employee will be loading and unloading delivery vehicles
- He or she is responsible for receiving goods from people
- Should be able to communicate errors to relevant parties or customers
- Marking and giving it labels
- Checking to be sure that everything is on track
- Counting and confirming goods coming into the warehouse and lots more.
- It is important to note that this is a full-time job and the salary level is from N50,000 -N100k.
The company according to their memo said they will be selecting ten people who will work with them, so what are you waiting for? See how to apply below.
How to Apply
To Apply for this opportunity, you have to click on APPLY NOW to go to the application portal.
2. WareHouse Manager at Easterly Global Limited
This is also another company that is located in Lagos Nigeria and is currently open to employing someone who can work as the warehouse manager of the party.
For you to be eligible for this position you have to meet up with some requirements from the company which we have listed below.
- You have to oversee all the operations happening in the warehouse
- You have to implement the warehouse policies and procedures
- As the warehouse manager, you should implement the security policy guiding the company’s warehouse
- You have to ensure the safety of all the staff
- You also have to discipline any staff that is not acting following the rules of the company regarding warehousing
Here are some of the requirements that you need to meet if you want to occupy the position of warehouse manager in this company.
- You should have a good knowledge of warehouse management
- You should have at least three years of experience in warehouse management
- You should have a good knowledge of the computer
- You should be a problem solver, leader and motivator
- You should have good communication skills, both writing and speaking
- You should be available to work even at extra hours.
FAQs on How to Apply for a Warehouse Worker Job
What is the job of a warehouse worker?
A warehouse worker has the responsibility of managing the affair and implementing the rules of the company in the warehouse. He or she makes sure that every staff member has what it takes to work smartly.
What are some examples of warehouse skills?
Communication skill is very important if you going for a warehouse job. Secondly, you need the skill to multitask.
Do I write a CV for a warehouse job?
Yes, some companies require you to submit your CV while they do not.
How much does a warehouse manager earn?
Yearly, an average warehouse worker or manager earns at least 500k naira per year while some earn more than that.
We advise you to take up the opportunity and apply now before the deadline will be announced. From time to time we upload content like this here and we urge you to check out some of the similar opportunities you see here. You can also share and like the post if it’s interesting. For any questions, the comment section is always available for you.