Applications are now accepted for Yale Young African Scholars Programme for African Students. This is an academic and leadership program designed for African secondary school students who have the talent, drive, energy, and ideas to make meaningful and Long lasting impacts as young leaders, before their enrolment for a university degree. See the Outline below:
- Overview of the Scholarship
- Details of Yale Young African Scholars Programme (YYAS) 2023.
- About Yale Young Global Scholars
- Benefits of Yale Young African Scholars Programme
- How to Apply for Yale Young African Scholars Programme 2023 – Training/Short Courses?
- Criteria for Yale Young African Scholars Programme
Overview of Yale Young African Scholars Programme for African Students
The Yale Young African Scholars Programme (YYAS) is in its 7th year. It is an intensive program that brings together African secondary school students between the ages of 14–18 for a cost-free, intensive academic and residential program.
Participants of the Yale Young African Scholars Programme will attend lectures led by prominent Yale faculty, seminars developed by Yale student instructors, and experiential exercises designed to augment their leadership skills.
Additionally, Participants will engage in rigorous intellectual exchanges that are key to understanding Africa’s most pressing challenges and opportunities.
Details of Yale Young African Scholars Programme for African Students (YYAS) 2023.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organization: Yale Young Global Scholars
- Institution: Yale University
- Gender: The Programme is open to Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
About Yale Young Global Scholars
Yale Young Global Scholars is an academic and leadership program offered at Yale University. The program was founded on the tenets of liberal arts, and it is renowned for its diverse and inclusive community and committed to increasing education access.
The Yale Young Global Scholars offers an empowerment program to the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
Benefits of Yale Young African Scholars Programme
- Participating Students will have all costs covered for the YYAS.
- Scholars will have the opportunity to build their academic skills, and also receive guidance on university admissions and career path options
- Scholars will also join a network of young leaders from across Africa.
- The students will be paired with mentors who will advise them throughout the university application process.
Criteria for Yale Young African Scholars Programme
- Applicants must meet the Age requirement of 14 years minimum by the application deadline (1 February 2023) to be considered.
- An ideal YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- The Candidates must be a citizen or permanent residents of an African country to be eligible. Applications are also accepted from refugees living in African countries.
- Must be currently studying in an African country.
- The required Grade Level is 11th grade
Students who are currently in their final year or term of secondary school, have already graduated secondary school, or are university students, are NOT eligible to apply.
An ideal YYAS participant has:
- Excellent academic records
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers
- Have Persistence and determination when facing challenges
- Good personal and professional conduct
- Have an Interest in discussions about intellectual, moral, and political issues in Africa
How to Apply for Yale Young African Scholars Programme 2023 – Training/Short Courses?
To apply for YYAS, Visit Yale Young Global Scholars Please note that no cost is required for application, or participating in YYAS.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2023.