The Women in Technology Scholarship is awarded through Dalhousie’s Faculty of Computer Science collaborating with industry partners. This scholarship available at Dalhousie University does not only offer financial support, it is also a platform for women to grow and develop in the world of technology through mentorship and guidance from women in technology as the need to have more women in tech arises. Scholars are also offered internships opportunities from industry partners.
The scholarship comes in two forms. The first is a sum of $5,000 given at the beginning of first year, while the other benefit is received received during the scholar’s second year. However, the second half will be given on account of the student’s academic performance. To apply for this scholarship, an essay and video demonstrating candidates past or current achievement must be submitted for them to be considered worthy of the award. Only women are eligible for this award.
Level/Field of study:
Number of Scholarships:
Multiple award scholarships
Females who demonstrate the zeal for technology, pursuing a two or four-year degree and studying STEM may apply for this scholarship.
- $10,000 scholarship ($5,000 entrance scholarship and $5,000 for year two of your studies (dependent on good academic performance)
- Mentorship and guidance from female tech experts
- Internship opportunities with industry partners
- Applicants who have an overall average of 70%
- Applied for our Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Applied Computer Science program
- Have passion for technology and contribution towards the community
- Females only
- Open to Canadian and international students.
- You must have an offer of place into the Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Applied Computer Science Program.
- You must fill out the scholarship application form or provide your answers the questions asked in this form in a 3-5-minute video.
- Applications are currently closed ( but it re-opens annually)
About Dalhousie University:
Dalhousie University, Canada is a well recognised institution of higher learning that has its roots dated back 1818 and has provided quality education for over 200 years of its existence. The university is one of Canada’s top-ranked universities and is placed in the Top 15 research universities in Canada by Times Higher education.
It is ranked the 12th best university in Canada according to QS World University Rankings and was ranked. 272 in the Best Global Universities in 2021. Dalhousie offers an array of programs options: 4000 courses in 200 degree programs in Bachelors.
Undergraduates pursue studies in the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science, Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Health and Agriculture Professions. Dalhousie also offers 90 master’s degrees and 40 PhD programs, as well as professional degrees in Medicine, Dentistry, and Law.
There are 18,500 students enrolled in Dalhousie university, 4% of which are international students. There are over 1000 Professors at Dalhousie with about 300 student clubs and societies.The university has sufficient and buildings and the student residences that makes studying at Dalhousie convenient for you.
The Howe Hall and the Gerard Hall, at Dalhousie University provide convenient and ample resources for the students, along with sporting facilities and the exquisite Sir James Dunn Law Library. With a wide range of courses summing up to 4000, Dalhousie offers numerous programmes and gives students an array of opportunities to select the degree that works best for them.
By and large, Dalhousie is an amazing university to consider if you wish to pursue an undergraduate or masters in Canada.
I would like to join