The educational system in Canada is incredible in terms of the number of Institutions and the wide range of knowledge they offer in different courses. The facilities at their institutions are of a top quality, and this has raised the level of their educational system, placing them among the top five countries in the world for educational excellence. International students can apply for a variety of scholarships in Canada, ranging from a bachelor’s degree to a Ph.D., depending on their goals and aspirations.
Reasons Why You Should Study In Canada:
The following reasons are why you should study in Canada:
- Great standard of living
- It is the most popular educational destination
- Top-notch educational system
- Standard educational facilities
- Financial aids, grants, awards, and scholarships for international
- They deliver quality education
- Free health insurance for international students
- Canadian citizens are accommodating
- Affordable cost of living
- Flexible study schedules
- Houses world-class universities like:
- University of Toronto
- Lester .B. Pearson university
- University of British Colombia
The fully-funded scholarships in Canada are granted by the Canadian government, agencies and private organisations to help students with their academic expenses. Several international students have benefited from these scholarships in terms of their education.
A lot of international students are taking advantage of the privileges that come with the numerous scholarship programs that are available. Canada is home to various universities that offers financial aid to international students in the form of grants, awards, and bursaries to assist them academically.
These fully-funded scholarships are offered annually to international students who want to study in Canada, each one of the fully-funded scholarships have a time frame that differs, depending on the host institution and scholarship sponsor.
All you need to know about the scholarship, the eligibility criteria, and application procedures have been included under each scholarship.
The List Of Fully-funded Scholarships That Accept You
Some of these awards cover the entire cost of higher education, including bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, fellowship, etc. programs. Financial support for these awards comes mostly from the Canadian government and Canadian private organizations.
1. University of Montreal Scholarships For International Students
The University of montreal Scholarships 2022-2023 provide tuition cost waivers. Applicants must be international students from all around the world. These awards are offered for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral study. The Montréal University Scholarships program will pay up to $27,300 in annual funding.
Apply For University of Montreal Scholarships HERE NOW! – ACCEPTANCE RATE IS HIGH!
2. Concordia University Canada Scholarships
Concordia University has more than 600 courses available for international students, and Canadian citizens. The Concordia Scholarship is available in all Subjects. The University has more than 35,000 International Students, and 220,000 Alumni around the world.
3. International Scholarship Program at the University of British Columbia in Canada
The University of British Columbia International Scholars Program provides approximately 40 scholarships to eligible international students each year. The International Impact Award, the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, the Vantage One Excellence Award, and the McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award are the four categories of these scholarships.
- Fully funded scholarship
- Annual Retreats
- Settling in Allowance
Deadline: Nov 15 (Application is Ongoing)
4. University Of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students
The University of Saskatchewan is a Canadian Public Research University, founded on March 19, 1907. USask is a Canadian leading university and is home to over 3,000 international students from 130 countries. The undergraduate scholarship runs for four years, masters for two years and doctoral for 3 years.
The courses available to be offered for this scholarship includes: Agriculture, Plants, and Animals, Business and Economics, Life Sciences and Chemistry, Environment and Earth Sciences, Health, History, Culture, and Arts, Indigenous Programs, Languages and Communications, Math, Engineering, Technology, and Physics, Society and Law.
Host Institution: University of Saskatoon
5. Dalhousie University General Entrance Awards
Dalhousie University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for foreign students. It is offered for Undergraduate students. Dalhousie University has an array of award-winning professionals you can learn from. They integrate you with workplace experiences that prepare you for graduation.
- This scholarship is valued at $30,000 and covers a monthly allowance, housing, fee waiver and health insurance.
Deadline: 03/01/22 (Annual)
6. The University of Alberta Scholarship For International Students
International students as well as Nigerian citizens are eligible for the University of Alberta Scholarships. The University of Alberta is ranked 150 in the world. It is ranked 5th among Canadian universities offering full Scholarships for international students in Canada to study Master’s programs and PhD Degree Programs. One of the perks of applying for University of Alberta scholarships is that an English proficiency test is not necessary.
- Top students could receive up to CAD 5,000, depending on admission
Deadline: March 1, 2023 (Annual)
7. Women in Technology Scholarships
The Women in Technology Scholarship is awarded through Dalhousie’s Faculty of Computer Science collaborating with industry partners.
This scholarship available at Dalhousie University does not only offer financial support, it is also a platform for women to grow and develop in the world of technology through mentorship and guidance from women in technology as the need to have more women in tech arises. Scholars are also offered internships opportunities from industry partners.
Host Institution: Dalhousie University
8. McGill University Scholarships For International Students
McGill University Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students. This scholarship is granted to undergraduate, master’s well as PhD studies. This scholarship value is $8,500 for an undergraduate. International students from all over the world can apply for this scholarship.
- One-year Scholarships, valued at $3,000 (non-renewable)
- Major Scholarships, valued between $3,000 and $12,000 (renewable annually up to 3 or 4 years provided criteria for renewal are met)
9. Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program for International Students at the University of Toronto
The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto provides financial assistance to international students seeking to further their studies in Canada. This is a form of scholarship that many students apply for, and you must always be on a quick registration starter, which means you must register as soon as possible.
Only overseas students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, creativity, and leadership skills will be considered. To be selected for this scholarship, applicants must have had a good impact on their community and school.
- This four-year scholarship program covers books, tuition, incidental expenses, and full residence support.
10. The University of Calgary Scholarship for International Students
International students can apply for the University of Calgary Award 2022-2023, which is a fully-funded scholarship. International students entering their first year in any undergraduate degree program in the Fall Term are eligible for awards of $20,000 and $15,000 (renewable annually).
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes outstanding accomplishments of an international student beginning their undergraduate studies. University of Calgary offers students a high-quality educational experience that prepares them for success in life, as well as research that addresses society’s most persistent challenges.
Host Institution: The University of Calgary
11. Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence
The Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence is a scholarship program that recognizes international students interested in pursuing research-based Masters’ degrees at the University of Waterloo.
- Valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five full-time terms within the allowable program time limits (6 terms), will be awarded to eligible international master’s students normally entering a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo.
Deadline: October (Annual)
12. University Of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is awarded to international students entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time:
Host Institution: University Of Winnipeg
13. Carleton Entrance Awards for International Students
One of the most generous scholarship and bursary programs in all of Canada may be found at Canada’s Carleton University. More than $31.9 million was distributed to undergraduates as scholarships and bursaries last year, and more than 15,700 students benefited from these programs.
- It starts at CAD 4,000 (that is $1,000 per year for four years) and goes up to CAD 16,000 (at $4,000 per year for four years).
Deadline: October (Annually)
14. University Of Ottawa Scholarships
The University of Ottawa’s scholarship program is one of the most generous in Canada. It rewards not only your pre-university academic achievements but also your achievements every term of full-time study at the University. A scholarship is awarded for academic achievements while a bursary is awarded based on financial need.
Host Institution: University of Ottawa
15. Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) In Canada
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) is a scholarship program that assists international students in furthering their education at 19 approved Canadian universities by providing financial assistance. You must begin your application as soon as possible. You can begin pre-registration now and continue later if you want to boost your chances of being admitted first.
- The value of the OGS is $5,000 per session. Thus, awardees may receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions. In all instances, the awarding graduate unit will contribute to one-third of the cost of the total award received by the students.
Deadline: June (Annual)
16. University Of Manitoba Scholarships
The University of Manitoba rewards students who have demonstrated academic success and supports those with financial need through international student scholarships and bursaries. The value of each award is set each year in tiers based on high school grade averages. As an example, for the years 2020-2021 the award values were as follows:
- Averages greater than or equal to 95% – $3,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 90% – $2,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 85% – $1,000
Host Institution: University Of Manitoba
17. Pierre Elliott Trudeau Leadership Scholarships Canada
This PhD-level leadership training program will take place over three years and will provide exceptional doctoral candidates with the knowledge and experience necessary to put their ideas into practice for the benefit of their local communities, Canada, and the rest of the globe.
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses to focus on their doctoral studies and the Foundation’s leadership program.
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, for the learning of languages, for travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program and research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research
18. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
The scholarship was named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian universities attract highly qualified doctoral students.
The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for the duration of the doctoral studies, it is one of the highly paid scholarships in Canada it is awarded based on academic excellence, research potential and leadership potential and demonstrated ability. The areas of research includes: health research, natural sciences and engineering, social sciences, and humanities.
Host Institution: (multiple universities in Canada)Top class Canadian universities
19. Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships for International Researchers
This particular program is designed to help citizens of other countries who hold a doctorate (PhD) to further their training and broaden their interests. It is also intended to encourage these researchers to learn about new scientific environments, new research methodologies, research project management and student leadership skills, and communication skills.
- The postdoctoral scholarship is valued at $45,000/year. The maximum amount is six (6) payments totalling $90,000. Awardees who carry out their postdoctoral studies outside Québec will receive a supplemental amount of $10,000 per year. Fellows may apply for a renewal in the same competition for a subsequent year if they wish to extend their postdoctoral fellowship award by one year. An additional year’s award of $45,000 may be granted following the evaluation.
Deadline: October 6, 2022(Annual)
20. York University Scholarship & Bursaries
International students can apply for the York University Award 2022-2023, which is a fully financed undergraduate scholarship. The recipients of this scholarship will get $35,000 per year to help them pay for their undergraduate studies in Canada.
As a result, the total reward value is $140,000.There are scholarships and bursaries available to international students who are currently enrolled at York University. You are encouraged to review the available funding for international students and apply for all that you qualify for.
21. Humber International Entrance Scholarships
This entrance scholarship of $2,000 is awarded to 20 new international students from Nigeria and other parts of the world joining Humber for their first semester in their Graduate Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma studies every term. New Application Opens by January 2023, follow the link below and get the necessary application documents ready.
- This Scholarship incentive will equate to CAD 2,000 off students’ tuition fees over their first 2 semesters of studies.
Deadline: O9/30/22 (Annual)
22. Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia Scholarship
Cape Breton University has about 1,200 international students from over 30 countries. It’s a very liberal and multicultural place to live and study as Canada is a multicultural country itself. Regardless of your ethnic origin, you will feel at home on Cape Breton Island
- $30,000, $7,500.
Deadline: June 15th for Fall (September) intake, October 15th for Winter (January) intake and, February 15th for Spring/Summer (May) intake.
23. Mount Saint Vincent University Undergraduate Scholarship
MSVU awards three different undergraduate scholarships for international students, and Nigerians can benefit from this scholarship too. This Undergraduate scholarship is awarded one year at a time and is assessed and awarded on your most recent academic work.
- $60,000, Scholarships In Canada For Undergraduate International Students
Deadline: December 3, 2022 (Annual)
24. Douglas College International Student Scholarship
Douglas College offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies. They currently have two categories of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters at Douglas College in Canada
- Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: $1000 – 2000
- Dr Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: $2500
25. University Canada West Scholarship
University Canada West (UCW) entrance awards, scholarships and grants are available to new students applying to a UCW undergraduate or graduate program.
Deadline: November 14, 2022
26. Karl Ivarson Scholarship For International Students
These scholarships were created by Dr Karl C. Ivarson through a bequest to the Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation, now CFFAE. He wished to support students with a connection to his home province of Alberta in their pursuit of studies in agricultural sciences. The Ivarson Agricultural Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, areas of study, community involvement, career interests and letters of recommendation.
- PhD Scholarship $17,000
- Masters Scholarship of $10,000
Deadline: October 14, 2022 (Annual)
27. SFU Canada Graduate and Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships
This scholarship to study in British Columbia, Canada is intended for outstanding incoming master’s and PhD students (domestic and international). The Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship is intended to ensure outstanding SFU Master’s and PhD students are provided with the financial support of at least $21,000 per year for the first four years of their PhD studies. Master’s degree students will receive the same amount for up to two years.
- $21,000 per year for the first four years of their PhD studies. Master’s degree students will receive the same amount for up to two years.
Deadline: December 2022(Annual)
28. Loran Scholarships For International Students
The Loran Award is valued at $100,000 over four years, including mentorship, funding for summer internships and participation in an extensive network of past and present scholars. This year, we are offering up to 36 Loran Awards. In addition, we are granting up to 120 finalist and provincial & territorial awards ($5,000 or $2,000 each, respectively) to promising candidates
- An annual living stipend of $10,000. A tuition waiver of up to $10,000 annually from one of 25 partner universities
Deadline: October 12, 2022 (Annual)
29. International Major Entrance Scholarship
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
- Fully funded (Scholarship value varies each year)
Deadline: January 15 (Annual)
30. Race To Zero Youth Fellowship
This fellowship led by the High Level Champions team will provide a platform for young people to work with the Champions and to contribute to our work on driving ambitious climate action. Fellows will join the High Level Climate Champions Team for a 10-month fellowship focused on a few critical sectors food and agriculture, energy and climate resilience.
- Monthly stipends
Deadline: December 13, 2022 (Annual)
Apart from the opportunity to study in Canada with fully-funded scholarships, as an international student, you can extend your study permit and work in Canada after you graduate. One of the perks of studying in any Canadian university is the strong earning potentials, graduates are open to getting recruited by employers in Canada and their respective country.
The quality of education provided by Canada can be compared to that of the US, aside from the benefit of the fully funded scholarships, you get to explore and visit many beautiful places in Canada. The universities warmly welcome International students. And the cost of living is affordable.